3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 bananas, peeled and mashed
3 1/2 cups rolled oats*
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the bowl and mix well.
- Add the bananas and rolled oats, mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Add to wet ingredients, 1/2 cup at a time and continue to mix until all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful on baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart, and bake 12-15 minutes at 350F.
This is a heavy batter, so I used my KitchenAid stand mixer. Also, I used regular rolled oats, but I imagine that quick oats would be okay for these recipe.
This recipe is adapted from the recipe for Banana Oatmeal Cookies in Extending the Table: Recipes and Stories from Argentina to Zambia, in the spirit of More-with-Less, p312.